The DALMAC Fund
The DALMAC Fund, Inc., (DALMAC Fund) advances and promotes the use of bicycles in Michigan. The Fund grants money to programs looking to advance bicycle safety; public awareness of bicyclists’ rights on public thoroughfares; bicycling events; bicycle trails and routes across the state; instruction as to the care and maintenance of bicycles; and social opportunities for bicyclists.
Tri-County Bicycle Association (TCBA) has served bicyclists in mid-Michigan since 1972. Notably, TCBA volunteers make possible the Dick Allen Lansing to MACkinaw (DALMAC) tour. The 2022 Labor Day weekend tour saw 1,200 participants enjoy 2 to 5 days riding their bicycles between Lansing and Mackinaw City. Through the DALMAC Fund, TCBA provides funding to bicycling projects all over Michigan.
A big thanks to all the DALMAC riders who donated to the DALMAC Fund.
2023 DALMAC Fund Applications
The grant cycles begin after the first of the year, and grant applicants can download an application and submit their requests for 2023:
- DALMAC Fund grant requests are due March 1, 2023.
- Final funding decisions will be made by May 15, 2023.
The DALMAC Fund Inc. goals:
- Improve the bicycling environment in Michigan
- Expand bicycling in Michigan
- Promote good will towards bicycling in the community
- Increase bicycle safety
Grant requests will be evaluated on meeting the 4 goals, as well as,
- The amount requested is reasonable
- The request has documented local support
- TCBA is comfortable funding the request
- Previous funding does not guarantee future funding
Typical grant funded requests involve,
- Construction and design of bicycle facilities
- Bicycle education programs
- Activities promoting bicycling for transportation, health and recreation
- Purchase of bicycles and related equipment
- Developing bicycle routes or maps
2023 Funding Opportunities:
Thanks to the generosity of DALMAC riders, we have more funds available in 2023 than ever before. We will award up to $120,000 in grants!
DALMAC Fund revenue for 2023:
$85,322.59 – DALMAC 2022
8,559.62 – DALMAC Riders
1,080.00 – The Baker
700.00 – In memory of Dick Allen
900.00 – In memory of Bill Savage
380.00 – In memory of Steve Schuesler
1,725.00 – Other donations
20,915.27 – 2022 DALMAC Fund donations after 2022 awards and unobligated funds
$ 340.63 – Interest Income
$119,923.11 – Total Revenue
– 25.00 – Bank Fee
$119,898.11 – Funds available for 2023 grants as of 12/31/2022
DALMAC Fund Applicants for 2023
Each applicant is required to submit a short video explaining their project and how it will help advance bicycling safety, infrastructure, education or promote good will towards cyclists in Michigan. Here are our funded projects for 2023:
Open Roads – Kalamazoo