The DALMAC Fund
The DALMAC Fund, Inc., (DALMAC Fund) advances and promotes the use of bicycles in Michigan. The Fund grants money to programs looking to advance bicycle safety; public awareness of bicyclists’ rights on public thoroughfares; bicycling events; bicycle trails and routes across the state; instruction as to the care and maintenance of bicycles; and social opportunities for bicyclists.
Tri-County Bicycle Association (TCBA) has served bicyclists in mid-Michigan since 1972. Notably, TCBA volunteers make possible the Dick Allen Lansing to MACkinaw (DALMAC) tour. Annually on Labor Day weekend, more than 1,200 participants enjoy 2 to 5 days riding their bicycles between Lansing and Mackinaw City. Through the DALMAC Fund, TCBA provides funding to bicycling projects all over Michigan.
A big thanks to all the DALMAC riders who donated to the DALMAC Fund.
DALMAC Fund Grant Funded Projects for 2023
2024 DALMAC Fund Applications
The grant cycles begin after the first of the year, and grant applicants can download an app and submit their requests for 2024. We will post grant application information here and on our social media, see our social connections below.
- DALMAC Fund grant requests are due March 1, 2024.
- Final funding decisions will be made by May 15, 2024.
Grant instructions [coming 2024]
Grant application [coming in 2024]
The DALMAC Fund Inc. goals:
- Improve the bicycling environment in Michigan
- Expand bicycling in Michigan
- Promote good will towards bicycling in the community
- Increase bicycle safety
Grant requests will be evaluated on meeting the 4 goals, as well as,
- The amount requested is reasonable
- The request has documented local support
- TCBA is comfortable funding the request
- Previous funding does not guarantee future funding
Typical grant funded requests involve,
- Construction and design of bicycle facilities
- Bicycle education programs
- Activities promoting bicycling for transportation, health and recreation
- Purchase of bicycles and related equipment
- Developing bicycle routes or maps
DALMAC Fund revenue for 2023:
$85,491.43 – DALMAC 2022
10,284.62 – DALMAC Riders
1,080.00 – The Baker
700.00 – In memory of Dick Allen
900.00 – In memory of Bill Savage
380.00 – In memory of Steve Schuesler
20,721.43 – 2022 DALMAC Fund donations after 2022 awards and unobligated funds
$119,898.11 – Total Fund Available in 2023