DALMAC will soon be here and will incorporate Centers for Disease Control or local health department guidelines as well as additional measures to ensure volunteer and rider safety.
All riders are asked to respect their fellow riders’ COVID views and to cooperate with their Route leaders. Please do not try to convince your fellow riders that their COVID view is wrong. Instead, let us enjoy the ride.
We are making changes to increase food service safety, so we can protect against noroviruses (which other tours and cruise ships have faced). Our goal is to make DALMAC a safe, enjoyable event.
As of now, we are implementing the following changes for DALMAC 2021:
- Dining hours have been extended to reduce crowding.
- All food will be served; no “self-serve” food where serving spoons are handled by everyone.
- Anyone riding in a Sag vehicle will be required to wear a face mask.
- Any necessary rider meetings will be held outdoors.
- In place of the Saturday night raffle, we will have several awards for each route. The awards will be announced at either Saturday night’s dinner or Sunday’s breakfast. You need not be present to win.
- We are ordering 2 extra buses to give riders more room.
- Requiring hand sanitizer use before meals and at the cookie stops.
Your cooperation and assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Please bring your favorite face mask. We are ordering face masks in case riders need them.
We are exploring other procedures and welcome suggestions:
- Limiting the number of people in dining rooms. Dining outdoors may be a possibility.
- Limiting the number of people in shower rooms.
- Requiring wearing face masks whenever anyone is in a building and on the bus ride back.
If you are uncomfortable riding DALMAC this year, our $25 cancellation or deferral policy ends July 31st. You have until July 31st to decide. No cancellations after July 31st.
Jerseys and all the other swag have been ordered. All other parts of DALMAC are full speed ahead.
DALMAC will be here before you know it. We are getting in shape for DALMAC. Hopefully, you are too.
Enjoy the ride! 😊